Benefits from Pairwise Testing and Combinatorial Software Testing Methods
Design software tests faster
Selecting and documenting test cases by hand is time-consuming.
Use Hexawise to create tests faster:
- You provide test inputs
- Hexawise generates test cases
- Faster and more accurate than creating test cases by hand
Design better tests
Selecting and documenting test cases by hand is error-prone. Use Hexawise to achieve your coverage goals.
Hexawise generates tests scientifically:
- Maximize coverage
- Minimize repetition between tests
- Achieve your specified levels of thoroughness
Find more defects (and find them faster)
Selecting and documenting test cases by hand creates gaps in coverage and inefficiency during test execution. Use Hexawise to test smarter, not harder.
Hexawise-generated tests uncover:
- More defects (from superior coverage)
- More defects per tester hour (from more variation and less repetition)
How many more? Results of a 10-project study showed more than twice as many defects per tester hour as recently published in “Combinatorial Software Testing” by IEEE.
Quickly change your tests
Selecting and documenting test cases by hand makes it difficult to modify tests. Changing inputs to hand-documented tests causes a cascade of manual changes. With Hexawise, you simply make your changes in a single centralized input screen and Hexawise automatically makes all the necessary changes to impacted test combinations.
With Hexawise, you are able to:
- “Turn the coverage dial up” when you want to prioritize thoroughness
- “Turn the coverage dial down” when you want to (or need to) prioritize speed
- Quickly incorporate last-minute requirements changes
- Increase reuse of test artifacts
Understand and manage your test coverage
Selecting and documenting test cases by hand makes it difficult to assess coverage achieved by testing efforts. Use Hexawise to gain better understand testing coverage and to make fact-based planning decisions using clear, insightful coverage charts.
- Better visibility for managers and testers
- Clear charts help you assess “how many test are required?” and “are we finished?”
- More control and better communication
Hexawise offers boatloads of additional benefits. Are you…
- New to pairwise testing or combinatorial software testing?
- Focused on maximizing speed?
- Focused on maximizing thoroughness?
- A manager?
- A tester?
- A developer?
- A business analyst?
- An external consultant or tester?
- An Agile practitioner?
- A change management expert?
- A software testing trainer?
- A Lean (or Lean Six Sigma) practitioner?