We're looking for a self-starter to help Hexawise ramp up our marketing efforts, decide on the right marketing, and put those efforts into place. Reporting directly to the CEO, the main purpose of this role is to develop and execute (in collaboration with the CEO and other Hexawise executives) a marketing strategy to bring more target clients to the front of the pipeline by increasing awareness and interest outside of what we’ve already built through word of mouth recommendations and LinkedIn prospecting.
Now is the right time to explore more deliberate marketing and positioning in order to reach new audiences. You will be the chief driver and influencer of those efforts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for the vast majority of the marketing efforts happening at Hexawise.
- Your chief responsibility will be to decide on the right marketing expenditures for Hexawise to fund and pursue, and put those efforts into place. The "Role & Responsibilities" section will be purposefully unspecific as we would like you to make many of the decisions about where to focus our marketing efforts in 2020.
- You’ll develop and run marketing programs including (but definitely not limited to): Lead generation, content marketing, paid acquisition, community building, nurture campaigns, co-marketing and funnel optimization.
- You’ll be responsible for the full gamut of marketing, from building brand awareness to lead generation and customer marketing.
- Over time as Hexawise continues to grow, you’ll be responsible for resourcing and scaling a team as the need for more marketing support arises. In the meantime you'll be utilizing the expertise of outside marketers (if necessary) when putting these initiatives into place.
Here are the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You have 3+ years' experience marketing at B2B companies (probably more).
- You have Software as a Service (SaaS) marketing experience or experience marketing a specific product or tool suite.
- You posses the ability to simplify complex concepts and connect product functionality to real-world value.
- You have top-notch written and verbal communication skills (native English speaker preferred).
- You have earned roles with progressively-increased responsibility and exhibit a track record of growth so far in your career.
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment and have confidence operating solo or working as part of a small marketing team.
Here are a some hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- Some management experience is preferred but not a deal breaker for the right candidate.
- Bachelor's degree - ideally in Marketing, English, or Communication.
- Experience helping companies more effectively position their brands within the market or tweaking value propositions to better resonate with potential customers.
- Experience managing and effectively allocating a dedicated marketing budget.
- Experience optimizing landing pages and planning/running keyword campaigns (i.e. Google AdWords).
Serious "bonus points" will be awarded to candidates with any of the following:
- Experience tailoring marketing efforts specifically towards executives at large (~Fortune 2000) companies.
- Experience marketing for other software development or testing products or tools, or an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or Software Testing strategies and challenges.
- Some experience running and optimizing paid campaigns (including the use of landing pages).
- Masters Degree in a marketing-related field.
We exist to help large companies with many software testers test their software more effectively by being smarter about which test scenarios they execute. This is (in our opinion) an often overlooked, but extremely critical, part of the Software Delivery process and we strive to be the first place Fortune 500 companies turn to improve the quality of their software testing. Using our software test design tool will help them systematically find more defects while typically executing fewer software tests.
Hexawise serves our global customer base from our headquarters in Durham, NC, near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) - the largest research park in the country. When hiring we look for a culture add, not a culture fit. We care about our people, we want you to be comfortable, learn and grow, and we make it a priority to make sure that happens.
You get employee perks like:
- A fun and friendly work environment with flexible hours
- A MacBook laptop with your preference of 1 or 2 monitors
- Free office drinks and snacks
- Relaxed dress code
Your professional development matters:
- Get dedicated support from a talented marketing coach who’ll fast-track your onboarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
- Have your opinion heard. Every Hexawise employee is encouraged to voice their opinions, ideas, and concerns openly. These opinions and ideas will shape the company's direction and are critical to the continued success and growth of Hexawise.
- Have executive level visibility into how the company is run and performing (including revenue, and monthly ops reviews).
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
- Earn as much responsibility as you can handle. Top performers are rewarded and there’s room for advancement.
This is an incredible position for a driven candidate who is excited to lead and shape the marketing efforts at a growing tech company. We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Just answer a few questions